Sunday, July 7, 2013

Staycation at Richmonde Hotel

We checked in at Richmonde Hotel, Ortigas to celebrate Father’s day this year. I bought a voucher from Ensogo a couple of months back to have a staycation for summer. I was finally going to reserve a room in May but was told that the pool will be out of commission for three months due to renovations so I opted to just wait for Father’s day in June to use it. The voucher was for a superior room for two. We brought the baby with us and the yaya. We just brought a sleeping bag for yaya because I didn’t want to pay Php 1500 for an extra bed.

 The room was small so it was a bit cramped with the sleeping bag on one end. Since there was no pool, we decided to use the sauna/steam room at the health club at the 4th floor. We decided to have an early dinner before we went for sauna. There are a lot of restaurants near the area. We decided to walk along Pearl drive and chose to eat at Pancake house. When we got back to the hotel it was 7 PM and we got lazy so we decided to just prepare for bed and play with Datu.

The lobby
Add caption

The queen sized bed
No complimentary coffee/tea

Bathroom sink with toiletries
I know I really should practice more on taking better pictures. The bathroom here is rather small but there is a tub. My problem is that if you lifted the mat on the tub (the one placed to prevent slipping), it was grimy and gross. I appreciate the placement of that mat but if you wanted to use the tub for a bubble bath, you can't because of the grime stuck there.

The next day, we were up early, as with most people who have kids. We decided to go to the restaurant to have breakfast. The voucher I got included free buffet breakfast for two. The choices was better than Astoria. Yes, they had bacon! But it was not crispy…so I’m a bit sad but that’s alright, who says no to bacon :)


 
 
I liked the pansit they served. There was tapa, tocino, hasbrown, sauteed beans. There were a few others that they had but I really just concentrated on the bacon :)



Cold drinks
They will serve the hot beverage at the table. There's coffee, tea and hot chocolate to choose from.

Bread station

Omelette/pancake/french toast station
I loved that zuchinni was a selection as an omelette ingredient. I had mine made with everything on it. They used mozzarella cheese. I would have liked to use cheddar but the omelette was really good even without it. It was slightly sweet because of the ham they used. I was pleasantly surprised by the unexpected sweet taste. I loved it!

Dessert station
There's puto, ube rolled in shredded coconut and leche flan for dessert. The flan was not smooth so that was a fail.

After breakfast, we went back to our room to prepare for checkout. Overall, I'd rate our stay as average. The service was good, the staff were nice and accommodating. It has a convenient location at the heart of Ortigas center, very near malls and BPO centers. Will I stay at the hotel again though, probably not for a staycation with my family. I'd recommend it if you need a cheaper hotel in the area to stay for balikbayans or even for wedding preps.


Richmonde Hotel, Ortigas
21 San Miguel Avenue,
Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Metro Manila, Philippines
Tel: (632) 638-7777
Fax: (632) 638-8567
Email: rho@richmondehotel.com.ph

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!