Friday, July 19, 2013

My Cronut experience

We were at the Podium over the weekend to visit the Belly blessed Feast. We passed by Wildflour Cafe and Bakery and I asked Mr. S if we could check out the Cronuts people have been raving about.. I first heard of cronuts from an officemate.  He described it as a fusion of croissant and a doughnut. I thought it might be good. I have tried pizza with croissant pastry as bread/dough and it tasted great. I thought this was worth a try.

I got a Dulce de leche cronut. It was the size of a regular doughnut but thicker. It's like two doughnuts on top of each other in height. It was pricey at Php 150. Was it worth the price though? Personally, I was thinking that I should have just gotten one of those yummy-looking chewies. For the sake of feeding my curiosity, we made the purchase.

Now goes the taste test. Because of the thickness, it was a bit of a challenge to bite. Is it supposed to be eaten with a knife and fork? Inosente e :p There was sprinkling of sugar with bigger grains than the usual and cream in the middle. The croissant tasted good, not too flaky. The outside has a crisp to it. I think it would have been a better experience if it was fresh from the oven. Even then, I still think it is over prized. I would probably try the cronuts version of Sophie's mom but I won't go for Wildflour's anymore. I may go back to Wildflour to get me some of those cookies though :)

Dulce de Leche Cronut


Assorted bread and pastries


Cookies and muffins galore


The Podium Mall
ADB Avenue
Wack wack, Mandaluyong



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!