Monday, July 15, 2013

My Belly Blessed loot: Jar of Hope/Love and Saya carrier

I had a few items I wanted to buy for the baby and I wanted to save on shipping charges from several online shops so I asked Mr. S to drive us to the Podium mall where the Belly Blessed Feast was held last weekend.

There wasn't a big crowd yet (which is a good thing if you want to shop in peace). I guess because we were there around 2 PM on a weekday too. We looked around and found the Indigomanila booth. I have been looking for something to help in the healing of insect bites for the baby. I heard good reviews about Jar of Hope First Aid Gel. Made of blue chamomile essential oil, aloe vera gel and witch hazel extract, it can be applied for inflammations, rashes, cuts, wounds, chicken pox and sore nipples. My son very rarely gets insect bites but I want to have something on hand just in case.

Recently, my boy had a bout with colds and I felt bad when I can only aspirate his stuffy nose. I know that I feel better when I use Vicks vapor rub. But by the label, Vicks can only be used for children over two years old. When I saw the Jar of Love Healing Balm. I bought one too just in case I have a need for it in the future. The main ingredients are peppermint essential oil, Apricot kernel, jojoba oil and pure beeswax. It's great for cough, colds, flu and can also be used for massages. I haven't tried it yet but the label says there is a cool minty feel when applied.



The sales person said the shelf life is two years. It would be great though if the jars also had the expiration date printed on them so the users don't forget. They were at 10% off at the expo so yay! Our discount paid for our parking fee :)

My biggest purchase was the Saya Versatekk Baby carrier. I have been thinking of buying a new carrier to supplement the sling I got from my baby shower. I wanted something that would distribute the baby's weight across both shoulders as he is getting heavier and heavier. My friend suggested I try a DIY from old shirts but I have not had the time to look for shirts with no seam for the project so I never got around to completing the project. I wasn't sure of the size I should get and comfort of the Saya so I was adamant of buying it online where it will be a bit challenging to return. I asked the sales lady if they had a Saya on hand and if I can try it with my baby. They had one in pink and gray. The sales lady helped me put it on and test it with the baby. It was an amazing feeling. It was so comfortable.

The Saya in action

I can't remember why we did not walk around more. I forgot that I was also looking for teething necklaces and a lavender stick. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for another mommy expo to come up. It is world breastfeeding month in August so there would be a lot of activities for mommies out there, so exciting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!