Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sophie's Mom: Baking the best Red velvet cupcake and Spanish bread in town

We discovered Sophie's mom from another blog years back. Their first bakery in Makati was near where I worked so it was very convenient for us to drive there. I have tried a few other red velvet cupcakes but we always go back to them as they just have the best. The best! The generous cream cheese frosting is smooth, not sweet. The cupcake itself is moist and yes, velvety! There are times when we'd keep it in the fridge for two days and the quality is not affected. But that happens very rarely as we normally devour these little devils in a day :)

We also love, love, love their Spanish bread. I remember we once bought three packs (each pack had 10 pcs)  just a couple of months after Datu was born. Breastfeeding made me super hungry even at night. The bread served as my midnight/dawn snack. I think we...ok, I consumed everything in a week. This is not your ordinary Spanish bread. It has a pastilla/yema like filling that's super yummy! I try to limit purchasing these since I tend to eat a lot in one sitting :p

They also sell cookies and mochie ice cream but I really just go back for the cup cakes and Spanish bread. They recently opened another bakery at The Fort area. They also have a stall at SM Megamall and Southmall.


This was how the Makati shop looked last summer


Yummy!

Sophie's Mom
8760 Santol St.
San Antonio Village, Makati City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!