Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Breastfeeding Station at SM Megamall

We frequent SM Megamall as it is the nearest and biggest mall to our place but we never really go out of our way to look for breastfeeding stations to feed when the baby is with us. I just find it too much of a hassle when I should be able to feed my child almost anywhere. However, it is nice to know where they are just in case we need to feed at a more private place.

The station is near the Foodcourt, Lower ground floor Building A. We were on our way to have merienda at Razon's, my absolute favorite place to go to have halo-halo when I caught sight of the sign. We were not up for a feeding yet but the echosera in me wanted to make echos inside. Hehehe!

When you enter, you are asked by the nurses to write your name in a logbook. The breastfeeding area is inside the clinic. I was not able to take a picture as there was another mommy-baby tandem inside breastfeeding. The place is a bit cramped. It had two arm chairs and a sink. Per the House rules, only mommy and baby are allowed inside. When I got in the room, a yaya was also inside. I'm not sure how they got away with that since there were three nurses in the clinic.

In all fairness, though small, the station was clean and had comfortable chairs. Will I purposefully breastfeed there though? At this stage in our breastfeeding journey, I have become more confident to breastfeed almost anywhere so I probably won't. But for new mommies who want to nurse privately, you can definitely use this place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!