Sunday, June 9, 2013

Celebrating my first mother's day, a super late post

My first Mother's day weekend was hectic. We had a team get together on Saturday, a lunch with the in laws on Sunday and we had to drive to Pampanga after the lunch. Monday was election day and I am still registered in my hometown so we have to go to Pampanga to vote.

This special weekend started Friday night when the hubs surprised me with these.

Beautiful bouquet


Mango Sansrival ice cream cake from Caramia

Datu's birth stone

 Datu and I, as well as the yaya, were already in our room upstairs. The main door was already locked and we were already preparing Datu to sleep. Suddenly, our doorknob started turning. Yaya and I looked at each other. My protective mommy mode started to kick in and I was already looking for a way to defend ourselves. Fat and I both thought we got a burglar in the house. Then the door opened, and Tatay was there. We both sighed with relief and started laughing. Hubs was confused and we told him that we thought he was some burglar because he was supposed to still be in the office.

I was really happy with the gifts. I have the bestest husband who I think made it his life goal to surprise me on special occasions. See, I almost always figure out his surprise or where his gifts are hidden so he is extra happy when he catches me off guard. I love him for really trying his best :) Did I say I have the bestest husband ever? I am a very very lucky girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!