Thursday, March 24, 2016

Summer Coolers: Rita's Italian Ice and Frozen Custard

Rita's Italian Ice and Frozen Custard is a small ice cream shop at the Greenhills Vmall. It opened about two years back and people went crazy for it. Fast forward today, we finally were able to try this out and we had the whole shop to ourselves.

Based on the pictures I saw in the past, I thought that this was more like an upscale Wendy's frosty. I wasn't really aware of the Italian ice part of it. The attendant told us that the best seller was the Gelati which was frozen custard on top of a cup full of Italian ice. 

Italian ice was like flavored shaved ice or even a sherbet if you may. Honestly, I wasn't much of a fan but tried it anyway.

Counter
 The custard goes out of the machine similar to soft serve ice cream.

Different flavors of Italian ice

Different flavors of Italian ice
I got the large Gelati so I can share with my companions that day. The frozen custard was so good. It was creamier than regular ice cream. Everything inside the cup was Italian ice. I got the Dulce de leche flavor. The lady at the counter said the best seller was mango but I didn't think it would go with the vanilla-chocolate custard twist I got. 

The Dulce de leche ended up too sweet and we were only able to finish half the cup and there were 3 adults and 1 kid sharing. Maybe I should have followed the suggestion to take mango then it would have been more like mango shake. 

If I ever go back, I will get just the frozen custard. Although even then, I feel that it is a little over priced. 
Gelati, large (Php 160)
 The hubby got the Frozen Custard sundae with whipped cream and cherry on top. Classic. I thought it was over the top. I will go just for the plain frozen custard. It was great on it's own.

Frozen custard sundae (Php 195)
Rita's has also opened a shop at the UP Town Center.

Rita's Italian Ice
Greenhills Shopping Center
G/F Greenhills Shopping Center, V-Mall,
Greenhills, San Juan
(02) 650-5859

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!