Sunday, March 20, 2016

Summer Cooler: La Lola Churreria Ice cream sandwich

We've been semi-addicted to La Lola Churreria churros for sometime that we can't help buy whenever we pass one or see other people with the pyramid containers at the mall. The only thing that really keeps us are the long queues everywhere (most times we still wait because great things are worth waiting for #hugoat).

There's a newly opened store at Estancia Mall in Kapitolyo so we decided to swing by for dessert. I was so happy the queue was manageable (we were 3rd, in fact). 





They have some new products I didn't really care for so much. There's this bunuelos that looked like doughnuts. What caught my eye was the ice cream sandwich. I love ice cream sandwiches from Klondike, dairy queen to our very own ice cream sandwich sold by the mamang sorbetero. 

Here's the photo of the sandwich on the menu board.



When I got my order, it was served much like an open faced sanwich to my dismay. I really wanted the one on the picture. Oh picture adverts, why do you have to be so false?

Ice cream sanchwich (Php 145)

I tried to press the top churro and sandwich the ice cream as on the picture. Wrong move! The thing just got messier as the churros were hot and just melted the ice cream more quickly. So I caved in and used the sfork the hubby got me. I was in for a surprise on my first bite. It was so so good! Hot and cold at the same time...crispy and soft at the same time. The Davao chocolate ice cream was very nice. I love that La Lola uses local ingredients too. Writing this makes me want to get another one. 

Of course we also got the plain churros with the chocolate dip. We normally get the large dip for 6 pieces of churros because we really want to cover every inch of the churros that we bite in to with hot delicious chocolate.

6 pcs churros + large chocolate dip (Php 110 + Php 100)

The container is handy when you are walking around the mall as it has that small caddy for the chocolate dip too. If you are eating at the shop, be careful when you place the container in the small hole on the table. Better remove the dip first lest it spill over sayang naman. It almost happened to us and it actually happened to the table next to us. 

Take care and enjoy!


La Lola Churreria
LG Estancia Mall, Kapitolyo
Pasig





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!