Saturday, April 23, 2016

Out of Town Eats in Pampanga: Chef Sau del Rosario's Cafe Fleur

Pampanga had been known for great food and great chefs. One celebrity chef that has recently decided to go back to his roots and set up a restaurant in Angeles city is Chef Sau del Rosario. He calls it Cafe Fleur. 

I had errands with my mom at San Fernando and we decided to drive to Angeles and have late lunch and also try their famous Sans Rival.

Angeles was about 20 minutes drive from San Fernando and we got a bit lost going to Cafe Fleur. Epic fail on map reading for both mom and I. Alam na san nagmana #nosenseofdirection

Finally, we found our way to the restaurant which was in front of Imerex Plaza Hotel, two streets away from the church. It looks like an old two-story white house.



It was a hot day so I ordered cold Chocolate batirol made from Davao cacao beans. It wasn't as creamy as I expected, seemed lacking milk. There were several variations of batirol including one with chili. I should probably try that next time. All choco drinks may served hot or cold.

Choco Batirol (Php 125)
I didn't quite catch the prices of the next items but will update once I get the exact prices. The pork belly on the kare kare was the best crispy pork I've tasted. The skin was crunchy while the meat remained soft and juicy. The bagoong (alamang) compliments the rest of the dish though it can stand on it's own. The peanut sauce was creamy but it would have been nice if the they added more sauce to the serving. The kare kare meal comes with rice but the serving is good for two. 

Crispy Pork Macadamia Kare Kare ( around Php 385)
Mama ordered the Sardine pasta with capers, kamias and basil. It was good. I was interested in the kamias that was supposed to be an ingredient. I was looking for that sour taste or even a hint of it, but was left hanging. Don't get me wrong, it was still a delicious dish. I was just expecting that tangy surprise, is all.

Sardine pasta (around Php 295)
To end our delicious lunch, we ordered the famous Sans Rival. We got Buko Pandan and Jackfruit versions. The foundation of the sans rival was the same for both flavors. The fruit flavors were infused in the icing. The Sans Rival was different from all the rest I've tasted before. It was really nutty good, not so much meringue and has just the right level of sweetness. 

The Jack fruit flavor is a little bit sweeter than the Buko Pandan. While the Buko Pandan was a little refreshing dessert. I will definitely go back and probably take home a whole cake next time.

Buko Pandan Sans Rival (about Php 195)

Jackfruit Sans Rival (about Php 195)
They also sell bottled Spicy choco bagoong (Php 175), Sans Rival Chips (Php 325), Spicy Tinapa, dulong and other preserved Pampanga delicacies.



Two other areas in the house is set to open soon to offer different food. Leh-leh to serve Thai cuisine. Leh-leh means "down or downstairs"in Kapampangan since it is in the first floor. The second floor to be called Ba-bo "up or upstairs" for pastries.



I added the map we used that I got from the FB page of Cafe Fleur as option to Waze.

Source : Cafe Fleur Facebook page


Angeles City Branch
L-463B Miranda St., Brgy. Sto. Rosario, Angeles City
PampangaPhilippines
Phone Number
(+63 45) 304-1301(+63 93) 5761-6550
Operating Hours
Monday to Thursday 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday 11:00 am - 10:00pm









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!