Saturday, April 23, 2016

Homemade: Toasted Sesame Mayo Dressing

I like Goma, the roasted sesame mayo dressing. I've only ever seen the Kewpie variety in the grocery and it can be quite expensive. The smaller bottle costs almost 200 pesos while the biggest one about 500. I thought homemade will probably be cheaper so I tried making it myself. It was a success, if I may say so myself. 

Here's the recipe I followed:

2 tbsp Kewpie mayo
2 tbsp ground  toasted sesame seeds
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar

I toasted grocery bought sesame seeds using a non stick pan then ground them. I think you can buy ground sesame but the freshly toasted one made a difference . Just mix every thing, it's that easy. This recipe makes about 2 servings. I made about 8 servings in one batch and stored it in a jar in the fridge.

I used the 1/2 fat Kewpie mayo variety and I couldn't tell the difference with regular mayo. For a lighter version though, you can also try using yogurt. Of course expect to taste the difference. I'll try that next time and give an update.

Ingredients

Finished product

This bottle is about 200ml. This amount cost me about 100-120 pesos to make. Cheaper and tastier than the store bought goma that costs about 200+ for 250 ml bottle.

Enjoy this with your salad. You can also use as a dip for julienned cucumber, carrot, and turnip for your healthy snack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!