Saturday, October 5, 2013

Recipe: Spinach and Kale Omelette

How do we recycle leftovers? Why, include it in your omelette, of course! For this recipe, I used left over spinach and I included old kale leftover that was meant to be steamed for my baby to eat for the week.

Ingredients:
Eggs (I used 3 here)
Left over spinach
Chopped kale
Tomato
Garlic
Onion
Cheese (optional-advise is for dieters)
Cooking oil

Saute garlic, onion and tomato. Add the kale. Once partly cooked, add the spinach. Set aside. I normally use the same pan to cook the eggs (bawas hugasin). Beat the eggs, season with salt and pepper. I added a dash of cayenne and paprika but this is optional. Put oil on the pan and add the eggs. Once half cooked, put the filling on top preferably to one side to make it easier to fold later on. Add your cheese too. Then the tricky part , folding your omelette. I normally botch this part but I got lucky this time.


This was the healthy part of our breakfast. We had hotdogs and fried rice with this. 


Let's eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!