Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Kapitolyo Eats: Ninak

I recently went crazy buying restaurant vouchers on group buying sites (so you'll see related posts in the next few weeks). I thought it would be great to try out these restaurants we've never tried before at a discount. You never know if you'd like the food even with good reviews so at least get at a cheaper price. If it is good, then win-win with the discount :) 

One of the restaurants we tried is Ninak in Kapitolyo, Pasig. I bought a Php 1000 value voucher at Php 600. I think I got this deal at DealGrocer.

Ninak offers Asian fusion cuisine and was one of the restaurants featured a few years ago in KrisTV at a Kapitolyo food crawl. They got good comments. I also checked some reviews and they seemed ok.

Here's what we ate.

Spring rolls

I liked the fried spring rolls but it was a little oily and salty. We originally thought we ordered fresh spring rolls but got this instead. We can't remember if the menu said it was fried.

Pad Thai (Php 320)

I've had better Pad thai before. If I'm in the area anyway, I would still  go for Nav's Pad thai noodles any day.

Red Pork Curry (Php 255)

We tried the red pork curry for a change. It was ok. Again, a little salty for my taste and spicy for the kid. It went well with the rice.

Ninak Rice (Php 150)

This is fried rice with fried shallots. It was ok, nothing fancy. Serves 2-3 persons. 

I prefer food at Nav and since they are very near each other, I'd always choose it over Ninak.

Ninak
Address: Unit 101 Seven East Capitol Building, 
E Capitol Dr, Pasig, Metro Manila, 
Phone:+63 2 655 6902








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!