Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Recipe: Hot and Sour Soup

Recently, I wrote about how I am in the look out for a good hot and sour soup. Then, I found this hot and sour soup pack in the grocery that cost around Php 70. I decided to try out the recipe at the back of the label. I chose to follow the vegetarian recipe with a few modifications.

Ingredients:

1 packet of hot and sour soup spice paste
1-2 cups of diced tofu
1 cup shiitake mushrooms
3 tablespoons of oil
1 chicken bouillon cube or 1L chicken stock
2-3 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp water
1 egg
chopped onion
chopped garlic







First step is to saute the mushrooms with garlic and onions. If you are adding meat, throw that in too. Shredded chicken will go well with this recipe. Add about 1 liter of water or chicken stock. I dropped one chicken cube to the water. Then, I added the spice paste into the soup along with the tofu. Wait for the soup to simmer then add the cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons of water to thicken the soup a little. A few more minutes of simmering action and slowly add the egg. Total time including preparation of ingredients is about 20 minutes. This was really easy to make.


Finished product

It was good but could be improved. I will try to add bell peppers next time I make this. And chicken strips too! I spent around Php 160 to make this and serves 5-6.

Hope you try this at home and let me know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!